Biology MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with answers for various state exams and UPSC civil services, SSC, banking, MPSC, UPPSC, MPPSC etc. Competitive Exams. Learn and prepare Objective type Questions on Biology.
1. Which of the following is not the factor affecting the transpiration of plants?
Distribution of stomata.
Answer: (b) Surface area.
Solution: Transpiration is the loss of water by plants due to evaporation through stomata. It is affected by factors like temperature, light, humidity, wind speed, number and distribution of stomata, number of stomata open, water status of the plant, canopy structure, etc.
2. The technique of growing plants in the nutrient solution is called
Answer: (a) Hydroponics.
Solution: The technique of growing plants in the nutrient solution is called hydroponics. Plants could be grown to maturity in a defined nutrient solution in the complete absence of soil.
3. Which of the following is the micronutrient, required by the plants?
All of the above.
Answer: (c) Manganese.
Solution: The macronutrient is present in plant tissues in large amounts. It includes carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, etc. The micronutrients are needed by plants in very small amounts. It includes iron, manganese, copper, molybdenum, zinc, etc.
4. Which among the following is the essential element for the synthesis of DNA and RNA?
Answer: (b) Magnesium.
Solution: The magnesium is absorbed by plants in the form of divalent magnesium atoms. It activates the enzymes of respiration, photosynthesis, and the synthesis of DNA and RNA.
5. Which among the following is not the factor affecting photosynthesis?
Carbon dioxide concentration.
Answer: (d) Pressure.
Solution: Photosynthesis is the process of synthesizing their own foods by green plants. The factors affecting photosynthesis in plants are temperature, light, water, and carbon dioxide concentration.