Biology MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with answers for various state exams and UPSC civil services, SSC, banking, MPSC, UPPSC, MPPSC etc. Competitive Exams. Learn and prepare Objective type Questions on Biology.
1. Which of the following is not the type of simple tissue in plants?
Answer: (a) Xylem.
Solution: The simple tissue is made up of only one type of cell. Plants' various types of simple tissues are parenchyma, collenchyma, and sclerenchyma.
2. The tissue used for transporting water and minerals from roots to stems and leaves is
Answer: (d) Xylem.
Solution: The xylem acts as conducting tissue for water and minerals from roots to stems and leaves. It provides mechanical support to plant parts.
3. The innermost layer of the cortex in dicotyledonous roots is called
Answer: (c) Endodermis.
Solution: The cortex consists of several layers of parenchyma cells with intercellular spaces, its innermost layer is called the endodermis, and the outermost layer is called the epidermis.
4. The exchange of gases between the outer atmosphere and the internal tissue of the stem is done in
Answer: (b) Lenticles
Solution: The parenchymatous cells rupture the epidermis and formed a lens-shaped opening called lenticels. It permits the exchange of gases between the outer atmosphere and the internal tissue of the stem.
5. Which of the following options is incorrect regarding the types of animal tissues?
Answer: (d) Mediatory tissue.
Solution: The different types of animal tissue are epithelial, connective, muscular, and neural.