Indian Art & Culture MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with answers for various state exams and UPSC civil services, SSC, banking, MPSC, UPPSC, MPPSC etc. Exams. Learn and prepare Objective type Questions on Indian Art & Culture.
1. How many classical dances are recognized by Sangeet Natak Akademi?
Answer: (b) 8 dances.
Solution: Sangeet Natak Akademi is the national-level academy for performing arts set up by the Government of India. The classical dance status is recognized by this body, and it has recognized 8 classical dances so far.
2. Kuchipudi is the classical dance of
Answer: (d) Andhra Pradesh.
Solution: Kuchipudi is a dance-drama performance, with its roots in the ancient Hindu Sanskrit text of Natya Shastra. It started in a village named Kuchipudi in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
3. 'Pung' is a percussion instrument. From which state is this?
Answer: (c) Manipur.
Solution: Pung is a percussion instrument made of softwood, parchment, leather, and cotton. This traditional instrument is found in Manipur. Majorly use this instrument as an accompaniment to Natasankirtana and other traditional forms of Manipur.
4. 'Yakshagaana' is a theatre from one of the south Indian states. Which state is referred to here?
Answer: (b) Karnataka.
Solution: 'Yakshagaana' is a theatre from Karnataka. It is based on mythological stories and Puranas.
5. Which of the following Indian painting is also referred to as 'Mithila Art'?
Warli Folk Painting.
Rajasthani Miniature Painting.
Answer: (a) Madhubani Painting.
Solution: Madhubani Painting is also known as 'Mithila Art' because it flourishes in the Mithila region of Bihar. It is characterized by line drawings filled in with bright colours and contrasts or patterns.