Ancient Indian History MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with answers for various state competitive exams and UPSC civil services Exams. Learn and prepare Objective type Questions on Ancient Indian History.
1. The earliest inscription on the stone was in which language?
Answer: (b) Prakrit
Solution: The earliest inscription stone is Sahgaura Tamralekh, which has been excavated from the Gorakhpur district, Uttar Pradesh, India. The earliest inscription on the stone was in the Prakrit language, written in the Mauryan period.
2. The earliest evidence of rice cultivation in the Ganga valley has been found at-
Answer: (d) Lahuradewa
Solution: The earliest rice cultivation in the Ganga valley has been found at the Lahuradewa village of Sant Kabir Nagar in Uttar Pradesh, India.
3. Who among the following cultures were the first to paint their pottery?
Answer: (d) Chalcolithic
Solution: The chalcolithic culture was the first to paint their pottery.
4. The earliest evidence of agriculture in the Indian subcontinent has been obtained from which place?
Answer: (c) Mehrgarh
Solution: The earliest evidence of agriculture in the Indian subcontinent has been obtained from Mehrgarh, currently situated in Balochistan, Pakistan.
5. Which one of the following sites has yielded the cultural remains, from the Neolithic to Harappan period?
Answer: (b) Mehrgarh
Solution: Mehrgarh site has yielded cultural remains from the Neolithic to the Harappan period.