Physical Geography MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with answers for various state exams and UPSC civil services, SSC, banking, MPSC, UPPSC, MPPSC etc. Exams. Learn and prepare Objective type Questions on Physical Geography.
1. The science of the study of rock is
Answer: (a) Petrology.
Solution: Petrology is the study of rocks, and a Petrologist is a person who studies rocks.
2. The process by which already consolidated rocks undergo recrystallization and reorganization of material within the original rocks is called
Answer: (b) Metamorphisms.
Solution: The process by which already consolidated rocks undergo recrystallization and reorganization of material within the original rocks is called metamorphism.
3. Which of the following is not a type of chemical weathering?
Answer: (c) Expansion Force.
Solution: Chemical weathering is of different types like solution, carbonation, hydration, oxidation, and reduction.
4. Which of the following is a sedimentary rock?
Answer: (c) Geyserite.
Solution: Sedimentary rocks are rocks formed by the sedimentation of various segments of parent rocks. There are three major groups based on the mode of formation.They are a) Mechanically formed- sandstone, limestone,shale,loess,etc b) Organically formed - geyserite,chalk,coal,etc c) Chemically formed - chert,halite,potash,etc.
5. Which of the following is not the factor that controls the formation of soil?
Answer: (d) Chemical reaction.
Solution: The five basic factors that control the formation of soil are (a) Parent materials, (b) Topography, (c) Climate, (d) Biological activities, and (e) Time.