Indian Honours and Awards MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) with answers for various state exams and UPSC civil services, SSC, banking, MPSC, UPPSC, MPPSC etc. Exams. Learn and prepare Objective type Questions on Indian Honours and Awards.
1. Which one of the following awards is the highest civilian award in India?
Answer: (d) Bharat Ratna.
Solution: The Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award in India. It was instituted on 2 January 1954. The award is conferred in recognition of "exceptional service/performance of the highest order", without distinction of race, occupation, position, or sex.
2. When was the sports category included in the list of award categories of Bharat Ratna?
Answer: (c) In 2013.
Solution: The Bharat Ratna is conferred for achievements in the field of Science, Literature, Arts, and Public Services. However, in 2013 sports were also included in this award category.
3. The first sportsperson who received the Bharat Ratna was
Answer: (d) Sachin Tendulkar.
Solution: Sachin Tendulkar is the youngest recipient of Bharat Ratna, and he is also the first sportsperson to receive this award.
4. What is the highest gallantry award?
Param Vir Chakra.
Answer: (b) Param Vir Chakra.
Solution: Param Vir Chakra is the highest gallantry award and is conferred to personnel who have performed a distinguished act of valour during the war.
5. Who was the first recipient of Bharat Ratna?
Answer: (d) C. Rajagopalachari.
Solution: The first recipient of Bharat Ratna was C. Rajagopalachari.